Employment at Neeltran
Employment Opportunity: Sr. Electrical Design Engineer01/24/2023 New Milford, CT
|Title: Sr. Electrical Design Engineer||Reports to: Director, Engineering|
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
- Manage the engineering progress of assigned projects from inception to shipment, including: working with mechanical engineering department, transformer engineer, manufacturing engineer, production manager, project manager, and planning to achieve milestone dates.
- Monitor the engineering progress of project through all stages. Order long delivery items. Organize periodic meetings to review progress of project.
- Work with engineering director on higher level requirements such as cooling systems designs, harmonic filter designs, transformer damage curves control systems and custom designs, and assist supervisor with finding out details on other projects, as needed.
- Design power supplies per customer’s specs and Neeltran quotes. Create wiring diagrams, outline drawings and bill of materials for project assigned. Interact with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply to Neeltran.
- Interact with mechanical engineering staff on mechanical design. Interact with customers on engineering design and any questions/problems they may have.
- Perform all necessary calculations such as transformer parameters, SCR selection, efficiency, rectifier circuit analysis, etc.
- Perform liaison function between Electrical Engineering and all manufacturing operations for any related issues, problems or improvements. Interact with production personnel to define and solve manufacturing/design issues and implement cost reduction ideas with regard to our products.
- Prepare preliminary design proposals and proposal documents. Participate in engineering and general design review meetings for assigned projects. Refine designs after review meeting. Coordinate as required with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, sales/customer service, production, accounting, and service. Prepare technical documents.
- Meet and beat labor/budget hours on assigned projects and meet schedule to assure on time shipments. Increase efficiencies and productivity within engineering departments and maximize gross margin. Continuously improve quality, workflow and efficiency.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings to identify root cause of problems and identify potential solutions. Make recommendations for ME/EE Design Guidebook and assist in documenting issues and solutions.
- Simplify rectifier and standardize engineering designs. Drive innovations and product line improvements and cost reductions.
- Help develop junior engineering talent, if needed.
|Education - Experience:|
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in Power Supply and/or Rectifier Design
|Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:|
- Ability to multitask and oversee all aspects of project development.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents in industrial power supply products.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries and customer issues.
- Ability to deal with non verbal symbolism such as formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses:
- All aspects (electrical and mechanical) of industrial power supply and related product design.
|Any other training requirements / comments|