Employment at Neeltran
Employment Opportunity: Electro-Mechanical Assembler/Wireman03/11/2018 New Milford, CT
Neeltran, Inc. is a thriving manufacturer of customized large industrial power supplies located in New Milford, CT. Family owned and operated since 1973, we provide high quality transformers, rectifiers and other power supplies for customers throughout the world. Our products are designed, manufactured and tested all under one roof which provides employees the ability to be part of a team that accomplishes something big and sees the finished results.
We operate in a niche market and have experienced steady growth and expansion over the past few years, even during the economic recession. Our strongest asset has always been the talent, knowledge and dedication of our people. We are committed to developing and retaining talent by providing a safe and stimulating work environment for our employees.
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Assembler – Wireman
Summary: Electro-Mechanical Assembler/Wireman will be responsible for assembling large power supplies, including electrical and mechanical components and sub-assemblies by reading blueprints/schematics. Uses hand and power tools and other machinery as needed. Continuous heavy manual labor, physical dexterity, endurance and craftsmanship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and install complex electro-mechanical components for large transformer/rectifiers. Including building the complete unit as part of the production team. Place and mount electrical and mechanical components in cabinets.
- Wires large relay control panels and power supplies using hand and power tools. Involves crimping, screwing, bolting, riveting and soldering to join or secure parts in place.
- Assemble electrical connections, wiring, harness make-up and installation.
- Cut, strip, bend and mount wires to connect electrical units and subassemblies.
- Mount assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, circuits and sockets on large panels. Connect component leads and other component connectors, terminals and contact points by crimping and soldering.
- Document parts, changes, and procedures as needed to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Will make some decisions as to layout with guidance from supervisor and engineers.
- Will train and guide E-M Assemblers in lower classifications.
- Use tools and machinery such as soldering iron, drills, grinders, sanders, punches, cutters and hand tools.
- Read and work from complex schematics, blue prints and mechanical drawings. Understand customer and government specifications. Must be able to readily identify parts from Bill of Materials. (NOTE: this is NOT point-to-point wiring)
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, stoop and or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive forklift once trained.
- Ability to climb ladders and maneuver through tight areas to work in/on large units. Protective PPE, harness/fall arrest system is provided and required.
- Strong gross and fine motor skills, manual dexterity and endurance of the arms/hands is required to wire large panels. Repetitive motion is involved.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis and stand/walk 95% of the day.
- Ability to work overtime, nights and weekends to meet production schedule.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in production in large industrial manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience using hand and power tools.
- At least 3 years’ of wiring experience, i.e. conduit installation, industrial motor control panel wiring, etc.
- Basic Electrical/Electronics knowledge is required.
- Expert ability to read and decipher blue prints, schematics, mechanical drawing and Bill of Materials is required.
- Vocational High School or Trade school preferred.
- Attention to detail and excellent craftsmanship.
- Team player, can-do attitude.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Neeltran, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
We employ, train, compensate, promote, and provide other terms and conditions of employment, without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Competitive benefits package including: paid time off, holidays, medical and dental insurance, Life insurance, company paid-LTD and 401K with match.