Employment at Neeltran
Employment Opportunity: Mechanical Designer02/01/2023 New Milford, CT
|Title: Mechanical Designer||Reports to: CAD Supervisor|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
Mechanical Designer is responsible for the design of mechanical components for transformer core and coils, tanks, electrical enclosures, cooling systems and cabinets for oil-filled and dry-type transformers. Works with minimal supervision and leads others in a team setting to design and support the construction of magnetic components and power systems.
- Mechanical design/detail of core and coils, tanks, enclosures and cooling systems per customer requirements.
- Review designs for mechanical integrity and conformance to applicable standards.
- Select transformer accessories/components.
- Apply analytical and numerical methods to analyze mechanical designs for structural integrity and thermal performance.
- Follow clearance requirements for dielectric and thermal/magnetic heating.
- Read, interpret and prepare data for engineering bill of materials.
- Prepare other engineering documentation such as 3D models, drawings, schematics and specifications for manufacturing.
- Develop tools and rules to make your job and others in department more efficient; i.e. iLogic, Excel, work instructions, etc.
- Ocassional interface with customers, and may need to travel up to 5-10% to customer sites.
|Education - Experience:|
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electromechanical engineering.
- Must possess knowledge and direct experience in the following areas:
- Fundamentals of mechanical design
- 3D modeling
- Structural analysis
- Heat transfer
- Fluid flow
- Design for manufacturability and assembly
- 2D/3D FEA
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years of direct experience in Transformer mechanical design.
|Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:|