Employment at Neeltran
Employment Opportunity: Manufacturing Engineer01/24/2023 New Milford, CT
|Title: Manufacturing Engineer||Reports to: Director, Engineering
Dotted Line to: Sr. Production Manager
|Department: Engineering & Operations|
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
- Be seen as the main floor contact for mechanical & electrical engineering clarifications and changes. In the case of changes that do not affect form/fit/function or the specification, correct via ECN. Otherwise, engage with applicable Engineer to address.
- For metal fabrication, review usage procedures, tooling, process improvements, and sourcing
- Work with engineering on special design considerations.
- Review designs with Engineering before they are released to the floor to ensure ease of manufacture and identify problems and offer suggestions for design improvements (product review kick-off meetings).
- Document and deliver feedback to Engineering and other departments for corrections and/or areas of improvement.
- Drive new manufacturing and engineering rules.
- In conjunction with EH&S, provide forklift certification and training, overhead crane certification & training, and other product/process training as appropriate.
- Be an active participant in product review and kick-off meetings, ensure smooth implementation of new products.
|Education - Experience:|
- Associates Degree and 5+ years applicable experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years applicable experience.
|Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:|
- Sheet metal Fabrication, Machined Parts, Welding, Transformer Processes
- 3D Solid Modeling experience, Design Layout
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, safety shoes and other PPE to perform specific tasks as needed.
- Works 50% in manufacturing environment with exposure to dust, odors, oil, fumes & noise.