Employment at Neeltran
Employment Opportunity: Electrical Controls Engineer01/24/2023 New Milford, CT
|Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
||Reports to: Director, Engineering|
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Design of electrical circuits/schematics for controls, power section and plumbing sections of large power conversion equipment.
- Design electrical schematics is AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD software
- Select/specify components and make bills of materials.
- Work with the mechanical department for the definition of the lay-out of the electrical panels and electrical equipment (rectifier plus transformer).
- Preparation of all the necessary documentation for the workshop and the purchasing department such as drawings and specifications for buying the components.
- Preparation of the necessary documentation for the client.
- Continuous improve including standardization of the products to increase the quality/price ratio, increase design efficiency and reduce delivery time.
|Education - Experience:|
- Academic background in Electrical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Trained to read and/or manipulate electrical schematics with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical software.
|Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:|
- Direct experience in electrical power and controls circuits design of large power supplies (1000 amps to 100,000 amps DC).
- Foundation in electrical circuits and basic 1-phase and 3-phase power system calculations.
- Experience and/or Coursework related to power electronics, power transformers, rectifiers, and related controls and accessories.
- General computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc).
|Any other training requirements / comments|
- AutoCAD Electrical training will be provided and paid by Neeltran.