Employment at Neeltran
Employment Opportunity: Test Technician02/19/2018 New Milford, CT
Tests and trouble-shoots transformers, rectifiers, power supplies (digital and analog), circuits, PLC’s, and equipment using meters, oscilloscopes, temperature probes, chart recorders, watt meters, clampons, Dranetz, and other related equipment. Conducts equipment and/or unit start-ups and performs field service activities, including consulting with engineering as needed to adhere to specifications. Participates in quality inspection activities. Documents test and service reports. Works with voltages up to 35kV and large MVA units and will assist in medium and high voltage testing.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Two year technical degree in electronics, engineering, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of test/troubleshooting experience in the field of Industrial Electronics, Power Electronics is preferred.
- Must be familiar with the concept and application of the following; actual work experience in at least one of these areas is preferred:
- Reactor and transformer applications.
- Single-phase and three-phase AC power.
- AC/DC rectification and SCR (Thyristor) control.
- Test and calibration of Industrial power equipment.
- Strong ability to read electronic schematics and comprehend specifications.
- Experience using industrial instrumentation (electro-mechanical meters and gauges).
- Good communication abilities, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy using worksheets and word processing as well as customized data acquisition software.
- Must be able to work independently, under minimal supervision, and work well with other individuals and teams.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally as needed to service equipment, approximately 50% of the time.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and stand for approximately 95% of the day.
Additional experience in the following areas is considered a plus:
- BSEE and/or Electrician (E-2)
- Ability to make PLC program adjustments
- Knowledge of programmer logic controllers (PLC) programming and hardware, embedded applications, software and hardware.
About Our Company:
Our company is family-owned and operated and has been in business since 1973. We are dedicated to our customers and employees. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best quality products and services offered in our industry. We are focused on continuously improving our products, employee skills, and facility. We have invested in engineering, technology, infrastructure, and human resources. In 2010, we completed a facility expansion that increased our manufacturing footprint and capacity to 85,000 square feet in support of our strong and consistent growth.
We employ approximately 110 employees in our New Milford, CT manufacturing and headquarters facility, as well as an international sales force. We are located in Southern New Milford, just 10 minutes from Danbury and 5 minutes from Brookfield.
We own and occupy a modern manufacturing facility and have complete research and development facilities along with extensive manufacturing capabilities.
We employ some of the best and brightest people, and our functional areas of talent include Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, Test, Sales, Management Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, and Human Resources. Our electrical/project engineering team works very closely with the mechanical engineering and manufacturing teams.
Our actions are guided by a core set of values, including:
- Ethical behavior
- Customer-focused improvement
- Accountability and teamwork
- Openness and trust
Neeltran, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
We employ, train, compensate, promote, and provide other terms and conditions of employment, without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Competitive benefits package including: Paid time off, holidays, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, company paid-STD and 401K with match.